Total Pageviews

Followers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Life is not life without music

Even though this is mainly a fashion/lifestyle blog, I decided that it's about time to let you guys take a peek into my music-life because it consumes such a huge amount of my time and effort.

Here's my top 3:

  1. I love rock n' roll so much it's hard to explain, I got into it through my dad and it's been our thing since I was little. My favourites are 60's rock bands (The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Velvet Underground etc.) Although I do have some contemporary favourites as well.
  2.  I discovered reggae after I moved here from Tanzania, and even though it's not really African it has that same atmosphere and really helps with the home sickness. I also love some African artists like Fela Kuti.
  3. While I really like 70's Brit-punk and the such, I have a little obsession with celtic-punk music- and I'm seeing FLOGGING MOLLY in about a month with one of my best friends (the shopping side-kick)!!!
As for myself, I trained as a violinist for some 7-8 years with the Suzuki method. Now I don't take lessons anymore...But I still enjoy the odd bit of fiddling at home (sometimes to Flogging Molly :P). 

My taste isn't too acquired; I listen to the basic rock that's sung in English and everyone's heard of. A recent development, however, is my love for music sung in French (not necessarily FROM France, though)! I don't know what it is (and it can't be that fact that I understand much that's going on, because I never did too well in French). It's just a special atmosphere: cheeky, bubbly and hottt! :)

Here a few of my newer faves:








Funny thing is that none of the above are purely "French" the closest is probably the last one. True French music that I listen to include classics like Edith Piaf and newer artists like Les Fatals Picards and Carla Bruni (Yes, the president's wife!)
There are so many other songs I could link you, but that might be a bit of an overload. Hope you enjoy them!!!

xxx

Irinja

No comments: