Total Pageviews

Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's always better on holiday

 So this afternoon my dad and I went to see the newest Potter-movie. What an experience! I mean the movie was really really amazing (but I expected as much :P ). What I didn't expect was that there was just one other group of people in the full-sized theatre! Talk about a private viewing. While the room itself was rather modern, the rest of the theatre was beautifully nostalgic with movie-posters from the 40s and 50s. What surprised me the most was that there was an intermission right smack in the middle of all the action...I've never experienced that before. It was a really lovely experience, but unfortunately the volume was way too high and I came out with a nasty little headache.

Straight from there we took a tram and a metro to Taksim, the bustling business center of the metropolis. We walked down a shopping street lined with familiar names (topshop, mango etc. ). We had dinner in a lovely Italian-looking courtyard (the best chips ever, stuffed wine leaves and turkish meatballs. ahhh, I'm in food heaven). We ended up stocking up on t-shirts for 5 Lira (2,5 euro) each. I bought an over sized anchor-T, an Elvis one and one with Jimi Hendrix.


Outfit of the day: maxidress from New Yorker in Stockholm and a thrifted waistcoat


My highly employed sandals from H&M
Such a cute street musician. When I tossed him some coins the biggest smile spread on his face and the music turned into a super upbeat jig :)
A tram in taksim

Our gorgeous (and RIDICULOUSLY cheap) dinner spot.

The shopping street in Taksim. Paradise. Lined with cute cafés and restaurants. ahh.

Tomorrow we're heading out to the Princes Islands off the coast of Istanbul where the creme de la creme spend their summers. Tanning oil? check. Bikini? check. Camera? check!

Lots and lots of love, millions of dresses and happiness to you all!

xxx

Ninja

2 comments:

Esther Ivy said...

Oh wow you are having such an amazing time! Is it only you and your dad on vacay? :P
I can't wait to see the t-shirts you bought.

Sandra said...

You looks gorgeous, I love your outfit! :)