Total Pageviews

Followers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Things I'm loving right now- and why YOU should too! Episode 4

PUNK! That is, as an inspiration in your outfits (although I must admit I do have a thing for the full-blown 1970's Generation X look, I'm just too much of a pansy to wear it for myself). Chain and stud details in shoes, belts, bags and jewelery, band shirts (especially the Ramones or Clash...mmm), Chuck Taylor's and combat boots, leather jackets, skinny jeans, messy (in a chic way) bed-heads and heavier eye-makeup. The best thing about this trend is that it's the easiest thing in the world to look like you just rolled out of bed: your morning cookie-monster mane just needs a tiny bit of tweaking and a touch of hairspray. To keep punk as just an inspiration stick to just one or two of these elements at once! Neon colours, while very punk, should be avoided in my opinion due to the hazard of looking like a terribly tacky wannabe (been there, done that. ew.)
Andrej Pejic (My most favourite model at the moment) doing the bed-head and leather jacket combo.

These hot punk inspired looks are from Teen Vogue. 

Aggy combines classic punk colours and what looks like a band shirt. Very quirky and cool!

Someone who really owns the punk style is of course Alice Dellal. She pulls it off with such style and attitude it's unbelievable (then again if I had those legs maybe I could too. Jelly). 

Punk is also showing up in hair from celebs like Rihanna (pictured) to Cassie and Carmen Electra (and Alice in the previous pic, who I believe made it so popular). Again, something I'd love to try, but can't seem to muster the ba... ahem, guts to do.




No comments: