Total Pageviews

Followers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

oh the tragedy

I've gone and done it. Botched up henna, that is. My hair was raven black this morning when I woke up, after using a honey and cardamom-solution it shifted into a more purple shade and now I've (fortunately) managed to dilute it into a wine-red. Not exactly what I was going for, but definitely not the worst case scenario. The colour will further develop for like two days before assuming its final (well not final since it fades) shade.
I have to admit that I cried pretty violently when I saw the purple. I get melodramatic about my hair. Like one of those contestants on Top Model who says they'll be fine with anything, but ends up having a breakdown (yes, the girls we all love to hate. That's me!).
This current red, however is something I'm quite content to work with and might even get used to eventually. The luckiest part is that I also did a home hair trim, but it worked out perfectly!
We're having a family friend over for dinner so I decided to wear something comfy, but chic:

A comfy, loose knit from VILA
Chinos from Zara and ballerina flats from Tango

A little owl ring that my sister brought to me from Nice

xxx
and PLEASE be careful with your hair!

-Ninja

13 comments:

Lizbeth-Glamstyln' said...

effortless but super chic...Love the outfit!!!


please check my blog have a give away.... pretty simple
you only have to be a follower and like my MAKEUP BY LIZBETH page on Facebook.... check it out


https://www.facebook.com/pages/Makeup-by-Lizbeth/217667828281162?sk=info

Mary said...

That sweater is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oioi tosi söpö toi sormus! :-)

http://noorae.blogspot.com/

MissKait said...

ohhh I LOVE that sweater it is so comfy looking!
KaitGirl.blogspot.com
@kaitlin4879

xo kaitlin

Vale ♥ said...

Love the outfit and I know how it feels when you do something to your hair and it doesn't come out as you wanted it, I am obsessed with my hair and never truly happy with the results, lol !

Fashion and Cookies

My Twitter

DailyGlamour said...

great jumper !
xx

Anisa Young said...

I'm always terrified to do anything to my hair after I had a bad dye job in middle school! Totally loving your chair and sweater. So comfy yet cute! xxAnisa

Lucia said...

i know what you mean about the hair scenario - i have done exactly the same thing before. i thought i was adding a red tint to it, but instead it turned out purple! i was so upset. the trick is to use head & shoulders shampoo because it strips all the colour xxx

CurvesAhead said...

I love this sweater!:)

Esther Ivy said...

That sweater!!!!! :D
you ring is sooo cute ^^

Lauren Hairston said...

I totally understand the bawling--I'm currently growing out my natural color after learning that I have hair that really really likes to get brassy. I thought after years of bleaching that it would be a good idea to dye my hair back to something approximating its natural color--instead it just turned red. Argh! I hope everything works out for you.

I have to say I absolutely adore that sweater and what you're wearing with it. (I wish we had Zara here! The closest one is in Dallas.) Love the sunglasses and the owl ring, too!

ellakii sedgwick said...

darling this post is amazing and you look stunning!!really love your sweater!!
thanks for your lovely comment!
kisses
http://littlefashionwhitelies.blogspot.com/

Once Upon A Time... said...

these pictures are so cute! lovely owl ring!

jos xx